Rapid Response Assistance To Support Impacted Northern Virginia Employers During The Covid-19 Outbreak
On March 17, 2020, Virginia Governor Ralph Northam announced new measures to combat the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, including the release of Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Rapid Response funding to support Northern Virginia employers to remain open during this emergency. These funds are intended to assist local employers to avert layoffs and support other operational needs. These strategies and activities are designed to prevent, or minimize the duration of, unemployment resulting from layoffs due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Due to the significant number of applications received, funding decisions are taking longer than anticipated. We will follow-up with you on the funding decision regarding your application as soon as possible.
How it Works:
- A business with employees located in Northern Virginia (Fairfax, Loudoun, and Prince William counties and the cities of Fairfax, Falls Church, Manassas and Manassas Park) that has 250 or fewer employees is eligible.
- Fill out the COVID-19 Rapid Response funding application and budget spreadsheet.
- Submit your completed application to Seema Jain, VP of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Application requests shall not exceed $25,000. Smaller requests are encouraged.
- Approved employers are required to enter into an agreement with the SkillSource Group, Inc. that will outline the project deliverables and outcomes.
- For all grant contracts, SkillSource will reimburse the company for expenses, up to the approved contract amount.
Examples of Acceptable Use of Funding:
Layoff aversion funds could be used for innovative strategies to maintain business operations, such as:
- a cleaning/sanitization service.
- the purchase of software/programs that employees would need to use from home to support their work.
- the purchase of remote access supplies, including laptop computers and/or smart phones, which the employees would need to use from home to support their work.
- other innovative methods that keep businesses open and workers employed
Funding cannot be used for employee payroll and fringe benefit expenses.