Virginia Career Works – Northern is taking every precaution in planning a thoughtful, phased approach to safely reopening our Virginia Career Works Centers, starting first with the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center at 13370 Minnieville Road, Woodbridge, Virginia 22192.
Adjustments have been made to Center operations in order to adhere to social distancing requirements. To minimize customer volume at the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Centers, appointments will be required for specific in-person services. Customers should continue to use alternate virtual service methods, when possible.
Please ensure that you read all of the information below before booking directly through the online appointment calendar.
Virginia Career Works – Northern will not accept appointment bookings, unless they have been made through the online appointment calendar.
Upon reopening, the Virginia Career Works – Prince William will focus on the following in-person services ONLY:
- Resume Assistance
- Interviewing Preparation Assistance
- Job Search Assistance
- Use of Computers for Job Search or Employment Purposes (Includes Typing Test)
If you are seeking assistance with Unemployment Compensation, please click on this link to apply online or call the VEC Customer Contact Center by calling 1-866-832-2363, Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. Questions regarding your Unemployment Insurance claim or benefits cannot be answered at your appointment.
Appointments are for a maximum of 45 minutes.
All customers will receive a phone call to confirm their appointment and the health and safety precautions that must be followed during their appointment.
- Customers are limited to one appointment per person; multiple appointments made by the same person will be canceled.
- Customers who arrive late will not be allowed to stay beyond their original 45 minute scheduled appointment time.
- Please do not bring other people with you to your appointment, such as children or family members, unless you need them to assist with translation or for personal assistance; Virginia Career Works – Northern can only allow a limited number of people in the Center at one time.
Health and Safety Precautions
When you arrive at the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center, you will notice our offices look a little different. Our staff will be wearing face coverings and may be wearing gloves. Counters will have clear glass partitions and fewer chairs will be spaced out in the lobbies.
Virginia Career Works – Northern has increased the frequency and scope of janitorial and deep cleaning services. We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Virginia Department of Health guidance as we gradually welcome our customers back to the Virginia Career Works Centers.
- Customers should not come for an appointment if they are feeling ill or have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Prior to entering the Center, each customer will be screened by certified medical professionals and must pass a temperature check to enter. Customers that screen above 100.4° (following CDC guidelines) will be given information on virtual services.
- Customers must wear face coverings while in the Center pursuant to Governor Northam’s Executive Order 63. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance in the Notes section below, or when you are called for your appointment confirmation.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center.