The Virginia Career Works-Prince William Center is OPEN to customers, by appointment only, for business services from 9:00am until 2:00pm. Business services includes computer use, faxing, printing, as well as typing tests. The VCW – Prince William Center will continue to offer limited walk-ins or same day slots based on hourly capacity.
Please ensure that you read all of the information below before booking directly through the online appointment calendar.
Virginia Career Works – Northern will not accept appointment bookings, unless they have been made through the online appointment calendar.
Effective July 1, 2021, the Virginia Employment Commission (VEC) will begin providing job services: resume review, interview preparation and job search assistance.
To schedule a phone appointment to speak directly to a representative from the Virginia Employment Commission regarding your Unemployment Claim, click here. If you have lost employment and wish to FILE an Unemployment Claim, please click here or call the VEC Customer Contact Center by calling 1-866-832-2363.
Questions regarding your Unemployment Insurance claim or benefits cannot be answered at your appointment.
Appointments are for a maximum of 45 minutes, and are scheduled between 9 am – 12 pm and 1 pm – 2 pm.
All customers will receive a phone call to confirm their appointment and the health and safety precautions that must be followed during their appointment.
- Customers are limited to one appointment per person; multiple appointments made by the same person will be canceled.
- Customers who arrive late will not be allowed to stay beyond their original 45 minute scheduled appointment time.
- Please do not bring other people with you to your appointment, such as children or family members, unless you need them to assist with translation or for personal assistance; Virginia Career Works – Northern can only allow a limited number of people in the Center at one time.
Health and Safety Precautions
When you arrive at the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center, you will notice our offices look a little different. Our staff will be wearing face coverings and may be wearing gloves. Counters will have clear glass partitions and fewer chairs will be spaced out in the lobbies.
Virginia Career Works – Northern has increased the frequency and scope of janitorial and deep cleaning services. We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Virginia Department of Health guidance as we gradually welcome our customers back to the Virginia Career Works Centers.
- Customers should not come for an appointment if they are feeling ill or have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Prior to entering the Center, each customer will be screened by certified medical professionals and must pass a temperature check to enter. Customers that screen above 100.4° (following CDC guidelines) will be given information on virtual services.
- Customers must wear face coverings while in the Center pursuant to Governor Northam’s Executive Order 63. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance in the Notes section below, or when you are called for your appointment confirmation.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center.