Effective Monday, March 16, 2020, out of an abundance of caution and following Federal Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommendations and guidance regarding limiting group interactions during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the Virginia Career Works – Northern Centers are CLOSED to the public.
Virginia Career Works – Northern (VCWN) has been closely following the updates and instructions from the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Virginia Department of Health to limit the spread of Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and ensure the safety of our customers, staff, and our community.
If you have lost employment and wish to FILE for Unemployment Compensation, please click on this link to apply online or call the VEC Customer Contact Center by calling 1-866-832-2363, Monday through Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm. PLEASE VIEW THIS FLYER FOR MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO FILE OR RE-OPEN A CLAIM.
If you have QUESTIONS, you may contact the Prince William VEC local office at 703-897-0407 or the Alexandria VEC local office at 703-813-1300.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, SCSEP participants will not be participating in training assignments but you can contact us to benefit from online workshops and resources as well as phone and email support to prepare for a training assignment. For more information on SCSEP, click here.
For jobseekers interested in accessing the Virginia Career Works – Northern Centers, view our flyer here. Contact information for each site is listed below:
- Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Annandale Center; 703-533-5400; 711 VA Relay; DFSVCWAnnandale@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Alexandria Center; 703-704-6286; 711 VA Relay; DFSVCWAlexandria@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Reston Center; 703-787-4974; 711 VA Relay; DFSVCWReston@fairfaxcounty.gov
- Virginia Career Works – Cherokee Avenue Center; 571-327-2206; 711 VA Relay; VCWCA@vcwnorthern.com
- Virginia Career Works – Prince William Center; 703-586-6800; 711 VA Relay; VCWPW@vcwnothern.com
- Virginia Career Works – Loudoun Workforce Resource Center; 703-777-0150; 711 VA Relay; WRC@loudoun.gov
Services will continue to be offered through web-based and telephonic options, to include the following:
- Tools, resources, and assistance for job search, interview preparation, and career advancement
- Access to a bank of online employment resources and education and training options
- Workforce information and local labor market information
- Career Coaching
- Live job seeker webinars
If you are seeking assistance with your taxes, please see these flyers on How to File a Minimal Tax Return and How to Access Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) from a Distance.
VCWN continues to monitor the situation; any updates will be posted to the VCWN website. At this time, prevention, social separation and preparation are the best courses of action, and VCWN encourages all customers, staff, and community members to follow the CDC recommended hygiene and social distancing practices.
Please contact (703) 827-3782 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Below are links to additional resources and updates on COVID-19.
U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
Virginia Department of Health: http://www.vdh.virginia.gov/surveillance-and-investigation/novel-coronavirus/
Fairfax County Government: https://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/covid19/