Upon reopening, the Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Annandale Center (7611 Little River Turnpike, Suite 300W, Annandale, Virginia 22003) will focus on the following in-person services:
- Resume Assistance
- Interviewing Preparation Assistance
- Job Search Assistance
- Use of Computers for Job Search or Employment Purpose
If you are seeking assistance with Unemployment Compensation, please click on this link to apply online or call the VEC Customer Contact Center by calling 1-866-832-2363, Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Questions regarding your Unemployment Insurance claim or benefits cannot be answered at your appointment.
All customers will receive a phone call or email to confirm their appointment and the health and safety precautions that must be followed during their appointment.
- Customers are limited to one appointment per person; multiple appointments made by the same person will be canceled.
- Customers who arrive late will not be allowed to stay beyond their original 60 or 90 minute scheduled appointment time. If this is not enough time to complete your task, please discuss your specific need with an Employment Specialist at the VCW in advance by calling 703-533-5400.
- Please do not bring other people with you to your appointment, such as children or family members, unless you need them to assist with translation or for personal assistance; Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Annandale Center can only allow a limited number of people in the Center at one time.
- Please plan to arrive no more than 15 minutes early for your scheduled appointment. When you arrive, follow the directional arrows to the temporary lobby located in the conference rooms on the first floor. Please check in with the navigator who will inform the VCW center of your arrival. Once the Employment Specialist is ready for your scheduled appointment, you will be informed to proceed to the VCW center for your appointment.
When you arrive at the Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Annandale Center, you will notice our offices look a little different. Our staff will be wearing face coverings and may be wearing gloves. Counters will have clear glass partitions and fewer computer and chairs will be available.
We take the health and safety of our customers and employees very seriously and are following Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Virginia Department of Health guidance as we gradually welcome our customers back to the Virginia Career Works-Fairfax Annandale Center.
- Customers should not come for an appointment if they are feeling ill or have any reason to believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Customers must wear face coverings while in the Center pursuant to Governor Northam’s Executive Order 63. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided to you.
- If you require any accommodations, please let us know in advance in the Notes section, by calling 703-533-5400, or when you are contacted for your appointment confirmation.
We look forward to welcoming you back at the Virginia Career Works – Fairfax Annandale Center! Sign up by clicking the button below.