EYE Youth will participate in interactive and engaging workshops to prepare them for employment and provide an introduction to career exploration. Youth then will complete a paid work experience in a career field that matches their interests. Throughout the program, EYE counselors work with youth to provide support as needed.
Youth are selected to participate in EYE by sponsoring organizations. The current sponsoring organizations are: Fairfax County Neighborhood Community Service, Fairfax County Children Youth and Family, Kaiser Permanente, the Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services, and the Northern Virginia Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Youth Program. Youth must meet the following criteria:
• Between the ages of 16-24
• Actively participating in services through the referring organization
• Legally eligible to work in the United States
• Expressed interest in finding employment and participating with EYE
• Be available to participate from mid-June to mid-August, work a minimum of 20 hours per week, and attend all trainings, and work experience.
For additional information on becoming a sponsor, please contact Seema Jain at firstname.lastname@example.org.